We’re pretty low key around here when it comes to buying gifts. For now I’m planning on DIY a cardboard playhouse for Liv and wrapping up some fun books and art supplies. I’m not doing very much for Cohen (he’s only 1 year old), but I do have a few little things in mind! Here are a dozen gift ideas I think would be great for little kids. I like to buy toys that both kids will enjoy and that we might be able to ALL enjoy as a family. My kids are 1 and almost 3 years old. Pretty sweet that we can buy so much off Amazon these days! Quick easy shipping is the best.
1) My First Chess Set, from the MOMA museum store. We’d like to teach Liv chess this year using the story approach. I think the philosophy and approach of ChessAtThree is awesome!
2) Star Stories: Constellation Tales From Around the World, a book I think Grant and I would enjoy reading, too! :)
3) Any of the Little People Big Dream board books, to teach them about so many incredible thinkers, writers, artists, scientists: Marie Curie, Agatha Christie, Harriet Tubman, Maya Angelou, Frida Kahlo, Coco Chanel, Amelia Earhart, Mother Teresa…gorgeous illustrations as well!
4) The Ark Photo Journal, National Geographic, Insanely beautiful close up photographs of animals, “This lush book of photography represents National Geographic's Photo Ark, a major cross-platform initiative and lifelong project by photographer Joel Sartore to take portraits of the world's animals -- especially those that are endangered.”
5) Edushape Sensory See-Me Ball, Cohen would love this (Liv too!)
6) Rainbow Scratch Art, no clean up art projects are the best. I’ve already bought this!
7) Jumbo Coloring Pad, Space, Sharks, Sports, and More…
8) Unicorn & Rainbow stamp kit, a sweet start to a little stamp collection. Liv is obsessed with stamps.
9) Crayola Ultra-Clean Washable Broad Line Markers, 40 Classic Crayola Colors , woo hoo-these are ULTRA clean washable markers (a must, we have a white couch and babies). Also, I think this set would be an awesome birthday gift for any kid/any age.
10) Ahoy! Boat Bath Toys
11) Kaleidoscope, perfect stocking stuffer! Beautiful patterns and colors that always change.
12) Wooden Skyscraper City Blocks, I love this set..I’m planning on using a sharpie and making my own city blocks using the wooden blocks we already have. something along these lines. seems like a quick fun project! Love these ones, too!